Asking and
Giving Direction
When
we go to somewhere, we need to know where the location is. Not everyone knows
where they are going and may need helps with directions to get to a near with
the location. Where you are going, the expressions below can help you when
asking or giving for directions.
The expressions
for asking the directions
- Could you tell me how to get to …………………………………?
- How do I find ……………………………………………………………………?
- Which way do I go to get to …………………………………………?
- Pardon me, I’m lost, how do I get to the ……………………?
- Could you direct me to ……………………………………………………?
- Which is the best route to ………………………………………………?
- Etc.
The
prepositions of locations for giving the directions
- Go straight
- Cross
- Behind
- Go to
- On your right
- Across from
- Turn right
- On your left
- In front of
- Turn left
- Beside/ next to
- On the corner of
- Walk up
- Walk down
- Walk along
The negative
response in giving the directions
- Yes, of course. Go ahead this street, it is beside bank.
- Certainly. Just turn right on that corner ………………………
- Yes, sure. Walk across that T junction ………………………
- For the negative response in giving the directions
- No, I’m sorry. I don’t know either
- No, I’m sorry. I can’t. I’m a ne comer here.
No comments:
Post a Comment