Sunday, April 12, 2015

Introducing ourselves and others

When we met a new friend or a neighbor, we have to introduce ourselves. There are two ways of introducing ourselves to others. They are formal and informal introduction. Formal introduction is used to introduce ourselves to someone who is older than us or someone whom we respect.

The formal introduction:
-     Good morning. My name is ………………………………
-     May I introduce myself? I am ……………………………
-     I’d like to introduce myself. My name is …………………
-     How do you do? My name is ………………………………
-     Please allow me to introduce myself. I am ……………………

The responses;
-     Good morning. I am Lili.
-     I’m Lili.
-     How do you do. Nice to meet you.
-     Nice to meet you. I’m Lili.

Informal introduction
-     Hello, I’m Liya. Nice to meet you.
-     Hi, I’m Liya. Nice to meet you.
-     Hello, my name is Liya. What’s your name?
-     Are you Indonesian?

The responses:
-     Hello, I’m Lili. Nice to meet you.
-     Hi, I’m Lili. Nice to meet you.
-     Hi, I’m Lili.
-     Yes, I am / No, I am Spanish.

For introducing the others, we also have some expression that used in formal and informal introduction.

Formal introduction:
-     Good morning. May I introduce my guest? Her name is Miss. Lili.
-     Allow me to introduce my guest. She is Miss. Lili.
-     Mr. Daniel, this is Mr. Arsyiel. My friend from Saudi Arabia.
-     I’d like to introduce my guest. She is Miss. Lili.
-     Let me introduce my guest. She is Miss. Lili.

The responses:
-     How do you do Mr. Arsyiel. My name is Daniel. Nice t meet you.
-     Hello nice to meet you.

Informal introduction:
-     Let me introduce my sister. Her name is Lili.
-     Aurel, this is Azriel, My partner in this office.
-     Have you meet my guest, Duuney?

The responses:
-     Hello, glad to meet you. I’m Laury.
-     Hello, Chiey. Nice to meet you.
-     Hello Aurel. I’m Azriel.

Enjoy J
Liya ILmia Ismono.


No comments:

Post a Comment