Agreement and
Disagreement
The agreement
is used to express the same opinion with another’s opinion. In another side,
disagreement is used to express that you do not agree with their opinion and
tell the other person that you have a better idea.
The expressions
used to show agreement.
- I agree with you.
- I think that’s a good idea.
- I think so.
- I suppose so.
- He’s right.
- You’re right.
- That’s just what I was thinking.
- That’s true.
- That’s right.
- I could agree more.
- I totally/extremely agree with you.
- That's very true.
- You're [absolutely/quite] right.
- Definitely/ Exactly
- No doubt about it
- ……… too/neither ………………
- I suppose/guess …………………
- You have/ you've got a [good] point there
- That's my point [exactly]
- That's [exactly] what I mean
- That's a good point
The expressions
used to show disagreement.
- I don’t agree with you.
- I disagree with you.
- I totally disagree with you.
- I don’t think so.
- You can’t mean that.
- Surely not. I can’t agree with that.
- No way.
- Nonsense.
- I’m afraid. I have my own opinion.
- I don’t think that is a good idea.
- That’s not right.
- That’s not true.
- I don't believe/think so/that ……………………
- [I'm afraid] I disagree/don't agree [with ………………]
- Don't you think it would be better if ………………………
- I totally/completely/absolutely disagree
- I beg to differ
- I'd say the exact opposite
- Not necessarily.
- That's not always true/the case.
- I'm not/I wouldn't be so sure about that.
- Shouldn't we consider ………………………
- But, what about...
- Let's face it, [the facts are undeniable / the truth of the matter is ………………………………………]
- The problem with that is ………………………………
- I am not so sure/certain [you're right there].
- Do you really think/believe that ………………………?
- Well, I don't know about that.
- Well, I'm not so sure about that.
- I'm inclined to disagree with that idea.
- No, I don't think so.
- It's possible you are mistaken about that.
The example;
A :
The book is inspiring for the people. What do you think?
B : I agree with you. This book also inspires me.
A : Do
you agree if we go to the beach next week?
B : I don't believe that we can go to the
beach next week because we have to
finish the assignment. Don't you think it
would be better if we go there when
the holiday come. It doesn’t need a long
time to wait. We can spend several
days to enjoy the beach.
A : That’s a good idea. I agree with you.
Fighting.
Liya ILmia Ismono. J
No comments:
Post a Comment